Filed under Beta , General , iHomeServer , iTunes , rtRemote for iTunes
We are just finalising the user guide and adding support for streaming of your iTunes music and videos to additional DLNA devices (more brands of TVs). So version 3 of iHomeServer will be available to everyone within a couple of weeks.
Just to remind you of the key new features in iHomeServer version 3:
- Automatic ripping of DVD into your iTunes library
- Update your iTunes metadata on any device
- Streaming of your iTunes music and videos using DLNA to Smart TVs, Windows RT Surface (using our rtRemote product available in the Windows app store), Android Smart Phones, and many many more.
- Streaming of your iTunes music and videos over the internet while away from home – on holiday, at work, wherever – with the ability to select a suitable transcoding option for lower bandwidth connections
- Identifies which episodes in a TV series you have not already watched
Plus all the great features already in iHomeServer version 2:
- Create multiple “Watch Folders” to synchronise your iTunes library with your existing media folder structure
- Streaming to any of your Apple TVs (or anyother iOS device) through Home Sharing
- Automatic tagging of your media with metadata, for example title, artist, producer, cover art
- Automatically start iTunes on booting-up your server / PC
- Allows iTunes to be run on systems with no sound cards
- If running it on a server, you can manage your iTunes library from the Windows Home Server Console